Translate

Friday, January 5, 2024

January 5, 2024

            I checked the free rain gage this morning and it has about ¼ inch of water in it. It must have rained last night, but I did not hear it.

            Early Thursday morning My wife went to the rehab and while she was working out, I went to the coffee shop. Returning to the rehab, I sat there in the Ford’s ole Chevy with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bible in the other hand. Yep, I was able to read some interesting words while I waited on my favorite wife.          

I have a photo of me that I felt I should share. As you may see, I am tall with big legs and a small head. I was raking acorns when I saw the shadow and I knew you would like this photo.


            There were some big fluffy clouds floating around in the sky, so I also took a photo.


            Under those pretty fluffy clouds I was working hard raking acorns into piles. I did not pick them up yet, I am not sure what I want to do with them. As you may be able to see, I have much more yard to rake. I will be picking them up after this next rain is over. I will either give them away or trash them.


            You would have thought a neighbor would have come and helped an ole senior person rake the acorns, but no help was offered. I think it says in the bible, “love thy neighbor as thy self”, evidently the neighbors do not love themselves. (I was just kidding in that comment, we have real good neighbors.)

            After all that work yesterday, I went out to the so-called hot house, and it was hot, as the sun had been shining, and I watered the flowers one day early. It is supposed to be raining today, and I did not want to be getting out in the rain to water the flowerpots.

            After all that work my favorite wife took me out for supper. The chicken fajitas were good and the frozen margarita with salt was also good. Wow I worked in the yard yesterday and was allowed to eat that afternoon. 

I should note that my favorite wife was able to remove the third Christmas tree from inside the house today. We still need to work on removing the outside decorations, but the acorns seem to be getting most of my attention. When we start with the front yard decorations, we will need to have the garage filled with boxes and totes.

Molly is staying in the garage; and yes, she is now venturing outside of the garage at times. I noticed this morning that she has a small cut on her front leg. I guess she is getting out of the garage more than I thought, has she been fighting? While she is in the garage, she is at times willing to be petted, and at times she hides.

Acorn racker!

Senior ole person who has no idea what he will do today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: