Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

January 30, 2024

            Good Tuesday morning, it is cool here in Hewitt but not cold (43 degrees), we had a nice day yesterday. Things are starting to dry up a little, and they are predicting storms with rain Friday and Saturday. I did not do much yesterday, I did rake a few acorns along the edge if the drive way, I wanted to see how many I would get. I did remove some acorns from one of the flower beds. I can’t say I enjoyed messing with the acorns, but it got me out of the house for a while.

            I don’t have any real plans for today, I might see if the leaves are dry enough for me to start removing them from the Jasmin beds. I should get gas for the Ford’s ole Chevy and if I do, I might be able to get a cup of real coffee.

            Different topic: I get emails from the harbor store with their coupons, and I learned this morning that the lights that I purchased for the Ford’s ole trailer is now on sale eight dollars less than what I paid for them. Ole people never get a break, unless it is a broken bone!

            Another topic: I did start reading from the story I had written a few years ago, and I was surprised that I found it interesting, almost as if it was a story that I had never read before. I will read a few pages each day as time allows, and hopefully I will continue to enjoy it. In this story the main character is Charles, he is a scientist on another planet name Alpha Cory, he had red hair and green eyes, oh, this took place about one billion years ago. Well, now you have a slight idea of the story.

            What? You want to know the title? Ok, “It was The End, and The Beginning”.  I just learned that my story, in part, is about something going on in the world now, that was not happening when I wrote the story, but there is a lot more than one subject in my story.

            On a totally different topic: have you ever thought about how people are able to read? Now I am not good at reading. I often read a sentence or two and think, “that don’t make any sense”. Then I go back and read it again and usually find that I have read a word wrong, like the word, “Saw”, might be read as, “Was”.

            Unusual topic: Now I have thought, when we read, we look at the sentences very quickly, we do not normally look at each word but just more or less scan the words, and somehow our brain is able to identify each word as our eyes pass over them. When I think about the ability to read, especially for those of you who read fast, it is something special.

            Well, I don’t have anything interesting to tell you, so I will say have a good day, be safe and allow someone to be nice to you.

Nice warm day ahead.

Senior ole person who needs a plan of action for the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: