Translate

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

January 9, 2024

            What did the Don do yesterday, not much of anything. It was in the 50s and there was some light rain yesterday morning so I basically stayed inside doing nothing. About 8:45 I decided to get out of the house for a few minutes, so I went and got a cup of coffee, it was free this time, and then I got gas for the Ford’s ole Chevy. Returning home I decided to read from the bible, and I finally made it through Jeremiah again. There is a lot of reading in Jeremiah.

I also tried to review the bible study info for tonight’s meeting, my hand writing, or should I say scribbling, is difficult even for me to read.

I was able to find a can of soup for lunch and then a little later as we were sitting in the TV room the wind and rain started. Now this wind was blowing so hard that the rain was not falling down but it was going sideways. I doubt that any rain got into the free rain gage, due to the wind. As my favorite wife and I were standing at the front door watching the rain and the effects of the wind, we saw a broken limb from the neighbor’s tree fall onto the street. Now I have pointed this broken limb out to several people in the neighborhood, even the lady who lives there, and nothing was done.

If there had been a vehicle driving up the street when that limb fell, it would have done damage to the vehicle and could have injured someone in the vehicle. Later, after the rain had mostly stopped, I went out and removed the tree limb from the middle of the street, I pulled it into the neighbor’s yard. Heck, we have a few small limbs down in the back 40.

I did get Dave from work yesterday afternoon and that is about all that happened yesterday.

Not a lot to do today, it is cold this morning, my outdoor thermometer is showing 35 degrees and the wind is still blowing. I do not what to be outside very long today. Speaking of the wind blowing, during the windstorms last night, we had some limbs fall from the big tree in the back 40. Now these limbs were dead wood, and they no longer need to be removed from the tree, they were in one of the Flower beds, I say were in a flower bed as I have gone out and removed the limbs. There are other dead limbs than need to be removed from the tree. I guess I will be cutting up some dead wood later today, out in the cold, if only I had a nice coat and gloves, the work would not be so devastating to this ole senior body.

My favorite wife does have an appointment with the rehab people. The grand kids are back in school today so I do have a couple things to do, and maybe while I am out, I could get a cup of real coffee.

Working in the cold, not fun!

Senior ole person who needs to rest before he has to go to work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Sounds like a good day for a pot of chili!