Translate

Sunday, January 7, 2024

January 7, 2024

            We made it back to Sunday again and we hope everyone will have a good day. The Don has no plans for the day, may it be a day of rest for us all.

            Let us see if the Don did anything yesterday. The day started out as a cool day so the Don stayed inside most of the morning. As the day progressed, and as the temp warmed up the Don was able to get outside and continue raking the front yard. The Don worked from around noon to about 2:00pm when he decided to take a break. During the break the Don drove into town yesterday to get a bottle. Now the Don was not out of the adult beverage, but he both needed a rest period, and he did not want to be out of beverage.

            Returning to the Ford homestead the Don decided to finish the raking of the front yard. About half of the last area that I was attempting to rake had been raked about a month ago, and there were mostly acorn caps, these will be trashed.

The Don also sent a text to a good friend asking if he wanted these acorns for the deer to eat where he hunts. He will come by next week and take the acorns. I have the ole red wagon with acorns in it and I will be filling the ole trash can with acorns. The left-over acorns can be thrown away.

            I noticed something as I was raking the acorns, I would hear a dog in the distance bark and then Tres would join in. I had never noticed him doing that in the past. Also, there were some crows that were making noise during my working process.

Once I had completed my work I needed a rest, so I and my favorite wife sat outside for a while. She worked all day attempting to put decorations away that were used inside the homestead, and she also needed a rest. The weather was nice and after about 45 minutes it began to get cool so we both returned to the inside of the homestead.

The Three Stooges were on, but I get tired of seeing the same ones all the time. It is as if they only have a few that they can show.

Well, I guess I will stop for now, please have a safe day, and take time to rest, as I know you work too hard. 😊

Raking done pickup to do.

Senior retired person who doesn't like hard work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: