Translate

Thursday, January 4, 2024

January 4, 2024

            Howdy from us to you, (us = my favorite wife and me) we hope your day is starting off good. We have fog here at the Ford’s homestead, and it was very dense about an hour ago, it is not as bad now. 

            The weather prognosticators are still saying we are in a drought, I have the feeling that we here at the Ford’s Homestead are no longer in a drought. We received an inch of rain recently, and the water is still standing in the back 40. Water standing tells me that the ground is not that dry and our drought is over, at least for a while.

Well, it was too wet for me to get outside and work, so I decided to go to the teller machine and get our weekly stipend, and then, since I was out and about anyway, go get a cup of real coffee. The wait in line was too long but the cup of coffee was good.

As I was driving from the Homestead yesterday morning, I noticed an older fellow on one of those electric scooters for ole handicap people. I do not know why he is handicapped, heck he may have been lazy and uses the scooter to get around instead of walking. The thing that caught my attention, he was smoking a cigarette as he was riding along the sidewalk. Could the smoking be what caused the disability in the first place?

I do not see a lot of people smoking now days, I know they do but we don’t see them. I find it interesting that some people still smoke in their vehicles. Now smoking in a house or in a vehicle leaves an odor and how bad the odor is, depends on how much a person smokes. I have smelled cigarette smoke from people smoking in their yard or on the other side of a fence, when Tres and I are walking along the street.

Swap the topic: I was watching the postal delivery person via a security camera, get out of his vehicle, carry a carton to a front door of the neighbor’s home, get back in his vehicle and drive off without fastening his seat belt, and the door he was sitting by was open. Not everyone follows the law about seat belts.

Squirrel and acorns: I believe I had commented on the fact that the squirrels in the back 40 were getting acorns out of the ole red wagon and eating them. I also think I had informed the reading public that the wagon had been emptied. I have seen the squirrels go to the wagon and look for acorns, when they do not find one, they head for the driveway where there are plenty of acorns. 

Late in the afternoon, during a short time when the sun was shining, Tres took me for a walk. It was a little cool but not too bad. Nothing exciting happened, so that is the end of that comment.

I did hear on the TV today about a cough that is going around. At one point they called it the 100-day cough, not that anyone coughed for 100 days but they may cough for weeks. They also said due to the fact that many people have not gotten their needed vaccines, that the whooping cough is on the rise. Now the whooping cough was something when I was a kid, but with proper vaccinations it was basically stopped. If it is on the rise, is it due to the lack of vaccinations, or could it be due to the illegal aliens coming into the United States.

Well, I guess I have written enough for this posting, we hope you have an interesting day filled with a lot of kindness and love, while you are being safe!

Get vaccinations!

Senior retired person who will remove decorations someday, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: