Translate

Monday, January 15, 2024

January 15, 2024

              I know it will be difficult for you to believe, but the Don made a misstatement in the previous posting. I was reporting on driving on the interstate and I referred to it as “I-55”. Now I-55 is a few hundred miles east of here, it runs through Cape Girardeau Mo, where I use to live. What I should have said was, “I-35”, which passes near Hewitt and through Waco. One of the few mistakes that I am willing to admit. 

Well, it was cold all-day Sunday, and I did venture outside one time, when I was allowed to take the trash out to the trash can. Now that I have thought about it, I should have moved the trash can to the curb as Monday is trash day and I will need to go back out today and push the trash can to the curb, and it is 15 degrees right now.

             Report on electric heaters: the heater that I broke and tried to fix, is now in the trash can with the other trash. The heater that is in the Fords so-called hot house seems to be working, it has been averaging 20 degrees warmer than the outside temp. The kerosene heater, which was burning on low, increased the temperature in the garage by 2 degrees in one hour. It will be used as needed.

            I do not have heat here in the Fords ole office and it gets cool in here, so I have a small fan that I position to blow air from the office floor toward the kitchen, which allows warm air from the kitchen to flow back into the office from overhead. Where there is a will there is usually a way.

I have not seen anyone walking their dogs today, as a matter of fact, Tres and I walked out front this morning and we were outside maybe 30 seconds, before we were back in the house. There is snow on the ground I would guess it might be, 1-100th of an inch deep. I do have a photo of one of the security monitors showing all the snowpack.


             Speaking of Tres, he had spent time outside yesterday and it did not seem to be bothering him. When he wants in, he jumps on the back door to get our attention.

            I still need to go outside and move the trash can to the curb, but it is cold outside. I guess I will stop for now, I hope you have a good and warm day, please be careful and stay safe.

Blizzard in Hewitt!

Senior person who might have a couple cups of homemade coffee today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: