Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2024

January 27, 2024

            Good morning, I hope. It was starting to get light outside when I started this posting. I went out and connected the trailer to the truck and got it out of the back 40. The trailer is at the gate so I did not need to drive the Ford’s ole Chevy into the wet and soft back 40. While I was hooking up to the trailer Tres was in the ole office wining and crying, as I would not let him out with me. I still did not know if they will be at the site this morning, so I drove out there. They were open and I was the only vehicle there. After they removed the limbs from my trailer, I went to Dave’s house, where we loaded a bunch of items that we took back to the site. We got that dumped and I dropped Dave off at his house.

            Our son Patrick has a birthday tomorrow, and they were coming up to the Fords Homestead today, but we received a call from Pat saying he did not feel good. He will stay home and get better, we can celebrate next week, we do not want him to feel bad and we don’t want anyone else to get sick.

            Yesterday: my favorite wife had a bunch of coins in a zip lock bag and she wanted to get paper money for them. We had heard that many banks would only take change if it was correctly counted and in roles. I was heading out this morning to get Dave from work and I decided to leave a little early and stop by our bank. While I was there, I asked if they would take the coins in a loose form. I was told as long as it is clean, meaning, the bag it came in did not have any debris in it, as they put the coins in a machine that counts and separates them.

            Later in the day I decided to check with the city to see if they were going to have dump day tomorrow, and while I was out, I would take the change to the bank and get some paper money. The lady I spoke to at the city did not know and she took my name and phone number and said someone would call me. I then proceeded to the bank and turned in the zip lock bag of coins. We had $99.00 in coins. Wow, that is enough money to last ole people a couple months.

            Later in the afternoon I went to school to get Alex and Gabi from school, neither one said they learned anything that day. Alex’s camp out was canceled as several of the scouts are sick. I have seen Alex’s new work out bench and it is very nice, now he needs to get the barbell set for the bench.

            Back to today: my favorite wife and I just returned from having lunch at the sandwich shop. We did not go to any stores just a quick drive into town, lunch and then back home.

            Well, I guess that will be it for today’s post, we hope your day is fun and safe.

Empty trailer, nice.

Senior ole person who needs to start the bible study homework, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: