Translate

Thursday, November 9, 2023

November 9, 2023

            It is Thursday, I did very little yesterday, as usual. Now I did go out to the street and pickup as many acorns as I could, those that have been ran over by vehicles, I did not attempt to pick up. However, I did attempt to move them to the curb.

Now how would the Don move crushed acorns to the curb, one might ask, he used the leaf blower.

Now why would the Don attempt to move these crushed acorns to the curb, one might ask, it is supposed to rain today.

Now why is a rainy day a good idea to move the crushed acorns to the curb, one might ask, the rain water will run along the curb and remove said debris from the curb. This will keep the Don from sweeping the debris up and placing it in the trash container.

The people up the street will do the same thing and we might end up with debris from up the street, but if we get enough rain, the curbs will be cleared of debris.

Now while I was picking up the uncrushed acorns yesterday, I notice how many there are in our yard along the curb. I doubt that the rain will hold off long enough for me to go out with a rake and rake a bunch of them to the street.

I can see on the security monitors that there is a light rain now, so that will put an end to the walking of the dog. There is enough moister falling that our cat just came from the drive way into the garage. I guess I should open the office door and let her in. 

I did get some cartons (aka empty boxes) that we are going to put some of the donated items in cartons, (we don’t want to let the totes get away) so I can either take them to the drop off or, let them come to the house and pick them up.

I need to get out back and close the door to the so-called hot house as the temps are supposed to drop all day. We are not supposed to get down into the freezing zone but it will be much cooler.

Today is Thursday and we will attempt to go out to supper, if we can find the funding to pay for a couple small meals. I doubt that we will be able to sit outside this afternoon as it is supposed to be raining, we did get out for a while yesterday, it was a nice quiet afternoon.

I guess that is it for today, we hope everyone will have a safe day, and enjoy the rain.

No dog walk!

Senior ole person who will take donations for our supper meal, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: