Translate

Saturday, November 11, 2023

November 11, 2023

            What!   That is unusual, in the past you have never asked what I was going to do, why are you interested today? There must be some reason for you being interested in what I will be doing. Well, I don’t know if I should enlighten you are not. 

            What does the Don plan to do? I plan to get in the Ford’s ole Chevy and drive to Alex’ house, let him get in the Ford’s ole Chevy and bring him back to the Ford’s Homestead. Arriving back at the Fords homestead, I will allow Alex to help me prepare the back 40 to be mowed. We will water the plants in the hot house before we roll the hose up and the extension cord.

            Now before you ask, yes, the back yard is dry enough to be mowed, there is no standing water and I picked up the Poopa-Loopa yesterday, but we will review the grounds for any new droppings, and for any sticks prior to mowing.

            The Alex, aka our yard man, will be allowed to get the riding mower ready which involves tire inflation, checking the oil and adding gas. After mowing with the riding mower, he will use the walk behind mower to mow the areas that he can’t get to with the riding mower.

            When he completes his work, I will again let him get in the Ford’s ole Chevy and we will head for his home, and most likely we will drive to the star coffee place to get him a cup of his favorite drink, along with a cup of real coffee for me. Yes, I will need to use my own money, my cards funding has been used.

            Yesterday I did get my hair cut, and I picked up a few acorns from the street. I need to see if I can interest Alex in helping remove the acorns from the front yard. The yard is covered with acorns. There should be a way to make the oak trees stop producing the acorns.

            My favorite wife and I did not sit outside yesterday, it was very cool and windy.

Well, that is about all for now, I need to see if the Tres will take me for a short walk. We hope you have a very nice day filled with family and or friends, and as always, please be safe.

Cool weather mowing!

Senior ole person who must be out in the cold but not working, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: