Translate

Monday, November 13, 2023

November 13, 2023

            What’s new at the Ford’ homestead, not much. We are missing another cat. Yep, Molly has disappeared, the last time I saw her was around noon yesterday. Our neighbor came over with some sausage made from deer meat, as I was cleaning up after loading the acorns into the red wagon, and molly saw him coming and she left where I was working. I do not remember seeing her after that. I did have the shed open for a while yesterday, I will check that this morning to see if she might have been inside when I shut the door. She could be in someone’s garage and when they open the door she could come home.

            Different topic; I did finish packing the items that the salvation army is supposed to pick up this Thursday morning. On Thursday of this week, I get to go to the skin doctor for a checkup. The doctor is a young lady, she may just like being around the ole senior silly grandpa, or not.

            Our neighbor brought two 5-gallon buckets of acorns up to the homestead yesterday, the trash can is full and there are acorns in the ole red wagon. Our other friend who is another deer hunter said he will come by this week to get the acorns for his deer lease.

            I am not sure if I will attempt to rake more acorns today or not, it isn’t easy work, and as we know, ole people need easy work.

            The kids are back in school this week so I will be getting them from school, and they will be out of school all next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

            I see another neighbor on one of our security cameras, dressed in his pajamas and house coat, outside putting the trash can out to the curb, I guess I should do the same thing, but I have clothes on.

            This cool weather has made sitting outside in the afternoons, a little less comfortable. With the time change we are going out earlier and we have not had a lot of sunlight in the afternoon lately, so we are wearing jackets. We did sit out for a while yesterday.

            Well, I guess that is all for today, have a good day, stay safe and try to be nice to someone today!

Molly missing!

Senior ole person who needs to get moving, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: