Translate

Friday, November 10, 2023

November 10, 2023

            Howdy from the Ford homestead to your homestead. We got rain! Now how much rain is in the ford’s ole free rain gage, it is one inch. This rain came very steady and mostly light rain, not a lot of run off. I have not yet staggered out to the curb to see if the debris which I left there, has washed down the street or not. Heck I might need to sweep the debris up myself. Never any rest for an ole senior person.

            Since it rained all day yesterday, you know, kind of like an ole Missouri rain, we did very little. I did contact the Salvation Army and they will come by next week to pick up the left over from our garage sale. I was able to walk the dog yesterday, before the rain started, but I doubt that we will walk today as it is still raining.

            The weather has cooled down and is in the 50s, but it isn’t supposed to be freezing any time soon. I was hoping to get the back 40 mowed tomorrow but it doesn’t look like that will happen.

            Dave got off work later than usual yesterday so he stayed with me in the Ford’s ole Chevy waiting on Alex to get out of school, and then we went over and picked up Gabi and her boyfriend from school.

            My favorite wife and I did not sit outside in the rain yesterday, but we did go out for supper. The food was good and the service was also good.

            I guess I could get my hair cut today if I am able to find the funding. I just thought, I have an appointment at the skin doctor next week. Never any rest for us ole people.

            Well, I do not have anything interesting to present to you, we hope you have a day that is more interesting than this posting is. Try to be safe today, and if you are around any people, try to be nice this time, we know what you did the other day, so be nice!

Day of rain, day of rest!

Senior ole person who might be able to get out of this chair, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: