Translate

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

November 21, 2023

            How should I start this posting, which would allow me to get your attention? Ok, I have an idea. Allow me to start with, “it worked”. Now, for that one person who did not read yesterday’s posting, the words, “it worked,” has to do with a small bale of straw. The rest of you know what I am talking about when I say, “it worked.”

            Bible study went well last night, there was several that did not attend, I assume the low attendance was due to Thanksgiving travels. I have noticed that the main topics of discussion when we are not in a group meeting is, sports. Baylor and the other college teams along with professional teams top the list. Also, a large number of attendees are Baylor grads or Baylor staff.

            Let me discuss the weather for a moment; yesterday when my favorite wife and I were in the Ford’s ole Chevy going to town to make a major purchase, the outside temperature gage was indicating 80 degrees, and it felt like it. We had worked outside most of the day and the weather was very nice. Now, this morning, the weather is not very nice. It is 51 degrees outside, 59 in the ole garage, and 51 in the hot house, the door is open to the hot house allowing the air in. The wind is blowing like crazy, gusting to 35 mph, that makes it feel very cold.

            During the nice weather yesterday, I was able to get the grand kids to come over and help us ole senior people with a couple projects. Note; I did get the grand kids and myself a beverage from the Star coffee place before the work started. Gabi worked in the yard removing acorns while Alex installed the Christmas lights on the front of the house and around the flower beds. The grand kids did a very good job, and their efforts are appreciated. The grandees also got a free homemade lunch for their efforts.

My present wife was installing some decorations in the front porch and I was attempting to supervise. Supervise means, I was allowed to carry things to the garage from the shed, and from the garage to the shed.

            Even though you did not ask, I will go ahead and explain what the major purchase was and why. It was a deep freeze, and the reason was because the ole freezer is very small. My first wife said she needs more room. We were given this ole freezer many years ago, and we have offered it back to the previous owner assuming that they would not want it. Surprise, they want it. The previous owner lives across the street, so it will be an easy task to move it to their home.

            I will need to make a few adjustments to the area next to the garage refrigerator, prior to the arrival of the new freezer next week. Did you know that many freezers can be used as refrigerators too. They also say some freezers are garage ready, which means they can handle the heat while keeping the food frozen.

            My wife and I have discussed going to the George restaurant for a breakfast this morning, so I guess I should stop for now. We hope your day is exactly what you want it to be, please stay safe, and get at least one short nap.

Too windy to decorate!

Senior ole person who needs to get moving, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: