Translate

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

November 29, 2023

            Did you have a good day yesterday? Did you work too much and are you tired today? Did everything seem to work out the way you wanted it too? Do you still have things to do today?

            Enough of the questions, let me get started. Tres did take me for a walk yesterday. It still amazes me as to how excited he gets when we start getting ready to walk. Now believe me, you don’t want a big dog being excited in a small house like we have. 100 pounds of excited dog running through the house, his tail wagging alone can damage many items. When I attempt to put the lead on him, he sometimes howls. During our walk he pulls me at a faster pace than if I were walking alone, I get better exercise?

            My favorite wife went to town yesterday (and she left me at home) to get a silver Christmas tree. She had a silver tree and it would no longer light up, so it was tossed out. At the store they said they only had the one silver tree which was on display, and they would sell it for half price. She decided to go to other stores and see if they had any good deals on a silver tree.

After shopping at several stores, she returned to the first store and purchased the displayed tree at half price. Back at home she was putting the silver tree together when she found that it was missing an electrical connection. She complained and I suggested that she call the store and ask the person who put the tree into the box if she knew where the connection was.

I went to get Dave from work and deliver him to his homestead. Arriving back at our homestead my irritated wife was not in a good mood due to the silver tree.

We received a call that the deep freeze was on the truck and should be here shortly. Shortly turned out to be 30 minutes. They unloaded the freezer and placed it in the garage as requested.

My favorite wife had called the store where she got the tree and they said they had found that they had two more silver trees that were still in their box. My unhappy wife asked if she could return the tree and exchange it for a new tree, and they said yes. I suggested that I could take my somewhat happier wife to the store to exchange the tree, when I got back from getting Alex from school.

I picked Alex up from school and I asked if he learned anything at school, he first said no, then he said he learned that his friend and his friend’s girlfriend might break up. I noted that happens a lot.

Back at home, I loaded the silver tree into the Ford’s ole Chevy along with my present wife, actually, I did not load her, she got in by herself. As we drove to the store, my favorite wife commented that she would have to pay full price for the new silver tree. We arrived at the store and I was allowed to carry the silver tree into the store where we were met by a young lady. She brought a new silver tree to us, and we did not need to pay more. Yep, my happy wife got the new tree at half price.

Leaving the store, I was allowed to take my enthusiastic wife for a roast beef sandwich before heading back home. The new tree went together ok, my decorating wife placed it and as she attempted to connect it to the electricity, the multipoint surge protector failed. The items that were connected went out. I was called for my assistance. After comments, questions, answers, we decided to replace the multipoint surge protector, with a different device. The tree came on and everything works.

That was only one of the challenges from yesterday, I will end commenting now, and we hope your day will be very productive and safe.

More to do, darn it!

Senior ole persons who are never done, Donna and Don the Fords

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: