Translate

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

November 8, 2023

            We made it through Tuesday and are now into Wednesday, will we make it through this day without any problems?

            I did very little yesterday while my favorite wife finished making the tamales. I did help wash the pots and pans, and after that strenuous washing I was able to get a short nap. The temp was 85 degrees according to the Ford’s new temperature gage, and around 100 in the so-called hot house, yes, the door to the hot house was open allowing some air movement.

            We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow and there is a cold front coming. They are not predicting any freezing weather, but it should be a lot cooler. My favorite wife and I were able to get the dog washed yesterday. We wet the Tres down, then we soap him up, then we let him run around the yard with the soap on him, then we rinse the soap off, then we attempt to dry him with a towel, which becomes a pulling match. Tres likes to play tug-of-war with the towel. One of the things he will do during a wash job, is kind of irritating. When we let him run around the yard with the soap on him, he has a tendency to find some dirt to dig in, and he digs. 

            Speaking of the Tres we have completed our walk for the day and today we had a lady who lives down the street walk with us. She usually walks with another lady on our block but the other lady went to bible study this morning, so she walked with us.

            I need to do one of two things today, that is pull some weeds from the back 40, or cut some limbs from the red oak trees. Both require a lot of effort, and this ole person don’t have much effort.

            I did alert my favorite grandson yesterday to the possibility of mowing the back 40 this Saturday, depending on how much rain we get tomorrow. I also noted that when Granny starts putting up the Christmas decorations, I expect him to be here at the homestead to help. I do not plan on climbing on the ladder.

            Well, I need to get going and do nothing, we hope you have something to do today, and if you can, please be safe!  

Pull weeds or cut limbs?

Senior ole person who can’t decide, work or not work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: