Translate

Sunday, November 12, 2023

November 12, 2023

            Good morning from the silly grandpa here at the Ford’s homestead. I tell the grand kids that I am silly and not crazy, but who knows, I might be both. I did something yesterday that might make me seem silly, that is until that one person understands what I did and why.

            This silly event has nothing to do with the fact that my favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday, even though it was a little cool. A friend came over and enjoyed the cool weather with us, and jackets were issued to my wife and our friend, I had been working and I was warm enough without a jacket. The conversations were lively, and we were enjoying the fact that the sun was shining.

            Now I know at least two of you are sitting there wondering, what is this thing the Don did yesterday. I say to both of you, and to the rest of the reading public, I will attempt to enlighten you, and I have a photo for that one person who needs a thousand words to understand what silly thing the Don did yesterday. The Don raked part of the front yard, attempting to remove some of the acorns. Now a normal person would ask, “Why is raking a part of the front yard silly?” At least two of this reading group are not normal, so I will attempt to play the part of a teacher today and explain the process I went through.

            Now I have inferred that there are many acorns on the ground in the front of the house. I do not want to keep walking on the acorns, which would push them into the ground allowing them to be considered as planted. Then, in the spring I would have trees growing all over the yard, heck I have trees all over the yard ever year, so I want to remove as many seeds (aka acorns) as I can, before they get planted.

            I decided to rake the acorns toward the curb, but not all the way into the street, where I have left them until today. Now some of the seeds were raked toward the neighbor's driveway and left there overnight. Photo of the multiple hour workload to follow.

 


            In the photo you can see the dead grass clippings that were raked along with the acorn seeds to the curb and neighbor’s driveway. It is my intent to go out today and rake the dead grass and acorn seeds over the curb and down the neighbor's driveway, into the street.

            I am hoping to spread this debris out on the edge of the street and then take the leaf blower and blow the dead grass away from the acorns. If or when, I am able to get most or all the dead grass removed, I will then sweep the acorn seeds up and place them in the Fords ole red wagon. Assuming all this will take place and work as I hope it will, I will have a photo in a later post of the Ford’s ole red wagon loaded with acorn seeds.

            If it does not work, you will not see additional photos.

            We hope you will not be required to work like this ole senior person, and we hope you have a restful day, while being safe and nice to ole people.

Seed remover!

Senior ole person who needs to get out of this work chair and rest, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: