Translate

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

November 7, 2023

            Hello from the Ford’s Homestead to everyone. Yes, we are including everyone in today’s posting, although there isn’t much to talk about today. As usual, I have no plans for the day other than the habitual things I do daily (you can look up the word habitual).

            The Tres and I have already taken our walk this morning, he did take us for an additional city block of walking, and I don’t know why. As we were walking up the street, possibly a couple hundred feet from the homestead, an acorn fell from one of the red oak trees. Now you may be wondering how I knew the acorn fell at that time. Well, I will enlighten you, it made a sound that I could hear, even though I was not close to the front yard. This acorn fell on the metal bench that is in the front yard and the sound could be heard around the world, I mean around the area. Consider, if you had a metal plate in your yard and you through a rock at it and hit it, that is the sound this acorn made.

            The street is covered in acorns and I may attempt to gather those from the street before the vehicles crush them all. Our neighbor said he has two five-gallon buckets with acorns in them that he will bring to our house today.

            I was considering watering the yard today but I checked a couple places in the yard and the dirt is still moist, I will wait for a few days and then consider watering again. 

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, but without drinks, I don’t have a drink when I am going to bible study, and I did go to bible study yesterday evening.

            Our supper last night was Chicken Pot Pie, made and provided by our son Dave. I must say it was very good and there is a little left over for my lunch today, if my present wife doesn’t get to it before me.

            It is predicted to get as warm as 84 today, so we will very likely give the Tres a bath this afternoon.

            It is now 7:42 am and I need to get a cup of homemade coffee and then get into the Ford’s ole recliner for a short rest period, aka a nap.

            We hope your day is fun and profitable, or at least we hope you stay safe.

Free pie, good!

Senior ole person with nothing to do, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: