Translate

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

November 15, 2023

            Howdy from us here at the Ford’s homestead, to you, and a couple other of the reading public. I do not have any definite plans for today, possibly the same things I did yesterday, just a day later. Now we are expecting the truck from the Salvation Army to come by this morning to pick up the items we have that are boxed and ready.

Wow, we might have some room in the garage for a couple days, but that will not last too long as we will be getting some of the Christmas decorations out of the shed and putting them in the garage. I have asked our grandson to help with putting the lights on the house and he has agreed. Now I will need to find them as they are somewhere in the shed with the other cartons of Christmas decorations. That will be no easy task!

Speaking of the lighting that goes on the house and around the flower beds, I know there are 4 sets of lights for that project, and that each set needs to be in the same place as last year. Having each set in the same order (place) as previous years will make an ole senior person happy. These lights need to be attached in certain places and the attaching nails or screws stay there year-round. A place for this, a place for that, even for his big ole hat.

My spouse has pointed out that the front yard needs to be mowed before the lighting project begins. I think I can have our yard man to mow before he starts installing the lights.

I did get outside yesterday for about an hour before heading out to get the kids from school and I recovered a few acorns from the flower beds. In that hour of heavy-duty work, I was able to get a 5 gallon bucket half full of acorns. We now have the trash can full and the ole red wagon is half full of acorns. They are ready to be picked up and taken to the deer lease.


            An interesting thing occurred as I was retrieving the acorns yesterday. Now one should know that the acorns are still falling even as this ole person attempts to pick them up. In the photo we see the device that I use to pick up the acorns. As I was looking around for more acorns, one fell from the tree, hit the top of the house as many do, and fell into the acorn picker upper. Yes, it went into, and stayed inside the roller ball! That was a surprise, the acorns helping this ole senior person do his work.

Other than that, I do not have any other valuable information to share with you. We hope you have a pleasant day, filled with kindness and please be safe.

Another Nothing day!

Senior ole person who might get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: