Translate

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

November 1, 2023

            We made it through Halloween, we did not answer the door when the goblins knocked or rang the doorbell. One good thing about the ring door bell, I can see who is there without going to the door and I can talk with them without opening the door. We had a few come to the door, but not many.

            The grand kids came to the house this morning, it is the first of the month and Claire has to report to work early. I had forgot that they were coming, and when I remembered, I was just verily able to get dressed before they arrived. We did go to the star coffee place for a cup, and then I took them to school. First cup of real coffee in a month.

            It was supposed to freeze last night but they said it did not. I did see what appeared to be frost on top of a neighbor’s home. The weather people may not be right all the time. My new thermometer is supposed to be here today, I plan to put it in the hot house so I can see how cold or hot it is, without going outside.

            I might attempt to retrieve some of the acorns that seem to cover the yard today, if I can stand the cold. I picked up debris from the front and back yards yesterday, I know I got at least three five-gallon buckets of debris. The back 40 was not as bad as the front.

            The grass looks as if it needs to be mowed, maybe a frost will stop it from growing.

Did I say that my favorite wife plans to have a garage sale this Friday and Saturday. We got the permit and maybe she will be able to sell some of the items. We would both like to see the garage more or less empty.

I guess that is it for now, have a nice day, stay warm and please be safe.

Sale or give away!

Senior ole person who needs to get out of this chair, if I can, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: