Translate

Sunday, November 5, 2023

November 5, 2023

            Well, the sale is over, now we need to clean up all the items that were not sold, some will go to the salvation army, some will end up back in the garage. Personally, if it was my choice, anything that was not sold would be donated or trashed. Most of the items have been sold or donated, some antique dishes have been put away, we will need to return some tables today. We also got a lot of comments on the scrap wood chair which has the words “Time Out and Meditate”, on it. Several wanted a chair like that for their spouse to sit on!

            I did gather a bunch of acorns from the front yard yesterday, and I did mow the front yard. I set the mower as high as it would go and I was trying to level off the grass, not reduce the size. I like the short grass in the beginning of the summer, not in the Fall of the year. My back is kind of sore today and I think it is due to the pushing of the acorn remover onto the ground to get the acorns up.

            Well, the time has changed, and we have changed most if not all the clocks in the homestead. I know there is one in the garage that needs to be set and also needs a battery. I do not like the time change as I think about it for the first week. Each time I look at the clock I think, what time it would be if the time had not changed. Tres seems to be ok with it except he did come to my side of the bed this morning at what would have been 5:00 ole time, I petted him a little then he jumped on the bed, he wedged himself on the lower end of the bed between the two of us and kept my back side warm until the new 5:00 came.

            My favorite wife has noted that she will not be cooking us a lunch today, I guess we may go to the cracker store for breakfast or lunch. Wow, we will be spending the money that was made during the sale.

            Yesterday started out like today, it was foggy. Heck, it was foggy until lunch time then the sun came out. After the fog left the sky was blue, not a cloud in sight, photo to follow.


            The sky was blue, the day was nice, they made me go get them a cup of ice.

            During the sale I was impressed with people who liked to talk. People you do not know, after saying hello, they begin to talk. I think some of these people go to garage sales just so they have someone to talk with. One couple probably talked for about 15 minutes, and they were telling us about their race car, where they live, and everything else.

            Well, I need to find out if we are eating out today, and I also need a cup of coffee. That is all for now, have a good day and stay safe.

No more sales

Senior ole person who is not a salesman, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: