Translate

Friday, November 17, 2023

November 17, 2023

            Well let’s see what happened yesterday. I did go to the skin doctor, I showed her a skin tag on my neck that was being irritated by my shirts, yes, I do wear shirts part of the time. She looked at it and took sterile scissors and just cut it off. She did say this will hurt a little.

            She looked me over and sent a prescription to a pharmacy that I need to get. I had no idea where the pharmacy was, so on the way home, I drove by the location and I could see the pharmacy across the highway. Later that day I decided to go to the pharmacy before getting the Alex from school, and I could not find the building. Ole people don’t know how to find things, I guess if I had the address, I could find it using the GPS. Wow, I aint as smart as a robot GPS. I will get the address and go back to get the prescription today.

            I did get the Alex home from school safely; I did have a snack for him. You know what a beef stick is, at least I assume you know, anyway, I had a deer meat stick, which is like a beef stick but made of deer meat. He liked it a lot. I will need to hide them when he comes over for Thanksgiving, or he might eat them all.

            My favorite wife and I went out to supper as usual yesterday afternoon, and our good friend was to come by and get the acorns we have been collecting. These acorns were in two trash cans and we had told our friend he could get them even if we were not at home. Well, he came over while we were gone and as he backed into the driveway Tres was raising cane. Our friend decided to not get out of the vehicle, even though Tres was on the other side of the fence, and he would come back when we were home. When we got home our friend arrived and he was able to get the acorns.

            Now supper was kind of odd. First of all, there was almost no one at the cracker store, it seemed as if there were more servers than customers, when we arrived. Our server was having a problem with another customer, then he came to us and we ordered drinks. Drinks arrived and the tea that my first wife ordered was not right. He took it back and made it right. We placed our order and it was taking a long time, so he stopped buy the table and said the chicken and dumplings would be ready in about 5 minutes. I explained that I did not order chicken and dumplings, I order Chicken.

The server went back into the kitchen and quickly brought our food. The next problem was when I was checking out, they could not make the ticket work in the computer. The girl tried a second check outstation and it would not work. She then called a manager, and she could not make it work. Then the manager asks if we had a problem with the meal. I said nothing major and I explained. She then asked what we had to eat, she learned that they had given me the ticket for another customer. It only took about 5 minutes to get the meal ticket paid. You would have thought with all that time wasted they would have cut the price of the meal, but they did not.

We did not sit outside last evening; it was dark when we finally got home from supper. I guess I should stop for now, have a good day, stay safe, share your kindness with others.

Acorn gatherer

Senior ole person who will walk the dog this morning, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: