Translate

Friday, November 24, 2023

November 24, 2023

            Hello from us to you. We had a nice Thanksgiving Day, the food was great, our family was here, conversations were enjoyable. We did not do any work on the Christmas decorations, but I will be allowed to work on them today. If we get any of the Christmas lights working, we will get a photo and post it.

            We truly hope you had a good Thanksgiving Day; I know some of you did not celebrate yesterday but will be celebrating today.

            Yesterday; both Dave and Patrick helped their mom with getting the food ready to serve and getting it to the table. Later in the day, after family had left, my favorite wife and I looked at the pots, pans and dishes that needed to be washed, then we said nope, not now! We both got a beverage and went outside and sat on the Ford’s ole swing, enjoying doing nothing for a while.

            Molly the cat was outside but she was staying away from most people, it is as if she is afraid that someone will hurt her. If I walked toward her, she would walk away, if she saw me walking in a different direction, as if I did not see her, she would come to me to get petted.

            Molly was hiding last night when we went to bed, so she stayed out in the garage all night. This morning I opened the door from the Ford’s ole office to the garage, and molly came in. I petted her as she stayed in the office area. After a minute or two I just picked her up and put her on the washing machine, that is where her food is kept, so the dog can’t get to it. Molly ate a bunch of food; she must have been very hungry. We are not sure where she is now, but she is probably in the room where she usually sleeps.

            After my favorite wife and I sat outside resting and thinking about two things (washing pots, pans, dishes, also Christmas decorations) we were able to drag our ole bodies back into the Ford’s house, where Donna took care of the left overs, I carried stuff out to the garbage can. I was allowed to wash the pots and pans; the dishes and silverware were put into the dish washer. I had one big pot that has soaked overnight and I will wash it this morning.

            Later I will go outside and see what I can do to the Christmas decorations.

            That’s it for now, we hope your day is not filled with crazy shopping, and we hope everyone stays safe.

Washer of the pots!

Senior ole person who has a lot of left overs to eat, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: