Translate

Monday, November 20, 2023

November 20, 2023

            Yesterday event: I went outside for a few minutes, and I was enjoying a cup of coffee, there was a light breeze, so I sat down on the Ford’s ole rocker. I was enjoying the quiet afternoon when I heard the sound of someone coming down the street, but there was no one there. Now I have commented in the past about the sound a leaf can make as it blows down the street, but today seemed different. As I stated earlier, there was a light breeze, there were many leaves in the street, but only one was bouncing down the street. A leaf blowing down the street can very much sound like a person walking.

I wonder, since there was a light breeze, several leaves in the street, but only one was moving, do you think it might have been a ghost making the single leaf move? Why did a single leaf catch my attention if it wasn’t intentional.

Different subject: we have a rose that is blooming in the back 40 and I have a photo. There are several blooms together making one big bloom.


            It is not a real good photo, I guess I am too ole to take good photos.

            Different topic: school is out this week, and I am hoping to get both the grand kids over today, if it doesn’t rain, and have them help with some Christmas lights and removing acorns from the front yard.

            Speaking of Christmas lights, our neighbors at the corner have Christmas lights up on the shrubs, a normal tree is wrapped with colored lights, and lights on the wooden fence. We here at the Ford homestead are kind of behind as to the Christmas decorations but not too far behind. We usually do the outside decorations the week of Thanksgiving, and the weather on that day is usually cool, cold, or rainy. Wait a minute, this is Thanksgiving week, and the weather is questionable, wow, we might be on schedule.

            Yesterday I was not forced to help! My favorite wife and I worked as a team removing the fall decorations from the front yard. there were fake pumpkins and fake fall-colored flowers. Most of these items were packed in totes and a few were tossed out.

            One of the decorations involved a small bale of straw with a pumpkin and some fall-colored flowers. When the pumpkin and flowers were removed, I was bitten by a fire ant. The pumpkin which should have been empty, seemed to be filled with something. That’s when I notice that the fire ants had taken over part of the bale of straw. I did not remove the bale of straw, but I did get the fire ant killer and liberally sprinkled the bale of straw, and the surrounding area. This fire ant killer is supposed to work quickly, I will check later this morning to see if it worked. 

            Well, I guess that is it for now. We hope everyone has a safe and productive day, while you are making your plans for Thanksgiving.

Fire ants bad!

Senior ole person who don’t want to go for a walk, but likely will, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: