Translate

Saturday, November 25, 2023

November 25, 2023

            Today is Saturday and yesterday was work day. How many times was I allowed to get down on my knees in the acorns? How many times did I say ouch, and how many times did I pray for rain; well, I did not pray for rain, but I did say ouch a bunch of times.

            Now my days started off with me trying to make a few of the lights on the house appear to be close to being level. I was able to help a little but it isn’t perfect. Then I brought the 4 pieces of the Ford’s ole scrap wood manger to the front yard, and after a couple tries, I was able to get it together. For that one person who said, “the Don was just screwing around yesterday”, she was partially correct. I have a photo which follows.


 
            In this photo one can see the 4-inch screw that I had found and which are used to hold this project together. One should see that the manger is made of scrap wood, if they look at the photo. If we ever get the manger scene complete, I may attempt to get a photo.

            I was also allowed to secure the red metal bench to the ground in an effort to keep it from overturning in windy situations. We plan to position Santa and his wife near this bench today. We have positioned two white trees and some white deer (they all have lights on them) and a couple of the plastic pieces in the front of the house, with other items that will be installed today. My present spouse has placed Christmas decorations on the front porch, which I have nothing to do with. I have a photo of some items before being installed.


 
            Another thing that should happen today, we plan to run the electrical wires out to the devices and put them on timers. I did hook up the lights on the house and around the flower beds to the timer yesterday, and I installed some lights on a bush near the garage door. Photo of the bush lights to follow.


            I think my favorite wife wants to go to town to get something today, and then we get to start work. Wish us good luck, and prey that our ole bodies continue to work through the decorating of the house.

            That’s it for now, may you have a very nice day with little work, and as always be safe while being nice to ole senior persons.

Christmas decorator?

Senior ole person who finds it difficult to get up and down, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: