Translate

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

November 22, 2023

            It is Wednesday, and the wind has subsided. It is cold with a temp of 36 degrees and a predicted high of 60 today. I am not sure what I will be doing today, my wife is getting things ready for Thanksgiving and she also wants to get the Christmas decorations in place. I have the feeling that I may be involved in a few things today.

            If it gets warm enough for this ole person to go outside, I might see if the so-called manger is still usable. It was made from scrap wood, and each year I take it apart and it lays on the ground near the shed all year. Then each year I must remember how to put it back together. There are a few long bolts and or screws that hole it together, but where are they?

            If by some miracle I am able to get it together, then I will take it apart and carry each of the 4 pieces to the front yard where I would again put it together. Did I say, I also anchor it to the ground to keep it sitting still in high winds like we had yesterday.

            If I am able to get the so-called manger installed, I would then need to bring a few items to put in the manger. My wife has said that some of the items are not in good condition and will not be used. I wonder, if we don’t used them can we get rid of them?

            I have been gone for a while; my favorite wife allowed me to drive her to a couple stores for some last-minute items to enhance the Thanksgiving meal. It is now 50 degrees and I was able to get gas for the Ford’s ole van while we were out. There are so many people out shopping today, I would not want to be one of them, I stayed in the van and observed all those people.

            Tres has not had a walk today or yesterday; I may let him walk me a little later today.

            I really need to stop and get started on other projects, we hope you have a good day, be safe and careful if you are going to the stores.

Holiday shoppers be crazy!

Senior ole person who needs… Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: