Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

November 14, 2023

            What’s new at the Ford’s homestead, no one asked, so I am not going to tell you what just happened.             ? ? ? ? ?

            New topic: the bible study meeting went well last night, there was good participation in our group. I did very little yesterday, although the Tres and I did go for a walk, I did rake a few more acorns from the front yard, I did get the kids from school, and I did ask the kids a question that they answered incorrectly. My wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, but I did not have an adult beverage since I would be driving to the bible study.

            What? You want to know what the question was that I asked the kids. Wow, I find that interesting, you don’t want to know what interesting thing happened here at the Ford’s homestead this morning, but you do want to know what I asked the grand kids. Ok, I will ask you the same question, and 78 percent of you will answer wrong, 20 percent will not answer at all and 2 percent don’t care what the answer is.

            QUESTION: can you see light that comes from a flashlight or other device? Some of you think it is a trick question, or that there is an odd answer, but it isn’t, and there isn’t.

            I do have another question; if you were in outer space and you shined a light into outer space, would that light travel through space forever? If not, how far would it travel?

            Subject alteration: I did learn that a neighbor will be visited by the Salvation Army truck this Wednesday, the same day that they are scheduled to come to the Ford Homestead, I think they have some type of furniture to donate.

            Today, through Friday are supposed to be good weather days, but I think it may be possible that Thanksgiving Day might have some rain. I guess the rain is only bad for those traveling, and kids that might want to go outside and play. Wait a minute, do kids even go outside and play now days?

            I do have some outside work I need to do, like cutting some tree limbs, so maybe I will go out and do some work, if my ole body will allow it.

            I have a photo of the flag as it was flying on Veterans’ Day.

            As one might be able to tell, there was a little breeze that day.

            Well, I need to stop for now, I hope all of us, that includes you, have a safe day filled with good things like friends and food.

Secret happening?

Senior who might do some work today and will keep his secret, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: