Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October 11, 2023

            Howdy from the Fords, we hope all is well with you. I am writing this before the sun rise and as I look at the security cameras it is still very dark outside. Now Tres and I have walked in the dark but it is not something I really like to do. When we have walked in the dark it was likely to avoid the heat from the sun.

Now you may be wondering why the Don is talking about the dark, so allow me to say, yesterday morning as Tres and I were out in the front yard, possibly an hour before sunrise, we observed a female person walking alone in the dark. Just a few minutes ago, I, using the security cameras, observed a person running in the dark. I do not have a problem with people walking or running in the dark but they should remember, it is difficult to see them in the dark and there are vehicles on these streets.

What did the Don do yesterday, almost nothing. I did attempt to control some of the black berry vines. Now by control I mean, reposition them in a way that they are not hanging outside the berry beds. When the vines are inside the bed area, we can walk and or mow around them without getting hurt. My plan for today is to attempt to start removing weeds and grass from the #2 bed and there are still a few dead vines that will need to go away, the #1 and #3 beds have very few weeds. Pulling weeds is not fun and is not easy for an ole senior person, so we will see what I might accomplish.

We did go to the football game yesterday, and I made only one wrong turn in the one-hour drive there. I did not make any wrong turns on the way home. Yes, the midway team won 13 to 0. We did not get to sit outside yesterday, heck it was about 7:30 when we arrived back home.

We are kind of back to a normal schedule today, school is back in session so I will be picking Dave up from work and Gabi up from school. They had shut the midway school down for two days to do a cleaning, hoping to reduce the chances of kids getting the Covid 19 virus.

I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe.

Weeds, grass, no fun!

Senior ole person who needs to get ready for a walk with the Tres, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: