Translate

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

October 24, 2023

            As I sit here at the Ford’s ole computer, it came to me, I don’t have anything to talk about today. Yesterday, Tres and I walked, nothing unusual happened. I did leave the Ford’s homestead to go to the cleaners, where they clean clothes, and they also try to clean ole people of their money.

            It was sprinkling some rain drops when I left to go to the cleaners, the sprinkles stopped about the time I was leaving Hewitt city limit. The sprinkles started again about the time I was returning to the Hewitt city limit sign. Were the little rain sprinkles just for us in Hewitt? It did rain more in the afternoon, just about the time I was getting ready to go to the bible study. All in all, we did get less than ½ inch rain in the free rain gage yesterday, let’s see what we get today.

            I did go to Bible study early yesterday; they were having a meeting as to how to study better. They presented a method that the leaders of the groups use as they prepare for the weekly lessons. To me it is a more intense way of understanding what you are reading. I will work with it some, but probably not as much as they do.

            Today we are supposed to have more rain, and if it isn’t raining, I plan to walk the dog, and I will also get the kids from school this afternoon. Now you see, I have nothing to write about.

            My favorite wife is in the kitchen right now putting together the needed items for the tamale manufacturing. Tamales are not easy, first she purchases all the needed items, then she cooks the meat, then I get the heavy mixer and a big pan for her, then she mixes the masa. She gets the corn shucks wet; she puts all these items on the table, and she sits there for hours putting the tamales together. After the tamales are made, she puts them in a pan and steams them. When they are cool, she puts them in bags of a dozen, and places them in the freezer. We usually end up with 20 plus dozen, that is too much work for one person.

            My favorite wife learned to make the tamales from some friends, I think there were four of them and they worked as a team making tamales.

            I guess I could get a cup of homemade coffee and take a short break before I walk the dog. We hope you have a good day, be happy and try to be safe, don’t take too many naps!

Tamale eater

Senior ole person who has nothing to write about or to do today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: