Translate

Monday, October 16, 2023

October 16, 2023

            We got through yesterday without any problems. We did go out for lunch which meant my favorite wife did not need to cook, and I did not need to wash the dishes. The lunch was good, we got a free appetizer from their reward program. The service was slow, the place was full, and people were waiting to be seated.

            Back at home my favorite wife decided to wash the clothes, you know, our washing machine now works, and I have been taught to use it. There were naps and I did mess around in the yard attempting to pick up some of the acorns, but for some reason that project does not capture my interest this year.

            The weather was cool and we did sit outside for about an hour yesterday afternoon, yes, we both had a jacket or a second shirt on. It has been so windy that it has blown some of our flowers that are in pots next to the car port over, I think this is the third time. I have positioned a chair and a small table next to them hoping to keep them upright, I moved a smaller flower (it isn’t really small but smaller than the other three) into the garage.

            It is dark thirty and my pot hound Tres and I have not gone for a walk. I think we will wait until it is day light and it warms up a little, them we may get out and walk.

Two of our neighbors have returned home from their trips, we assume the third neighbor will be on their way home today. It must be nice to be able to travel around and see different places, I guess they have money.

Dave went to the dentist today and will have to have some work done on two teeth.

I will need to get the kids from school this afternoon, and then this evening we have the men’s bible study meeting.

I have a couple things I could do outside in the yard but not sure I want to, I need to see if I can get my pole saw out and work on the small limb cutter, it will cut when you pull the rope but the cutter will not open up again unless I force it open by hand.

I also need to start working on the angel that sits in the front yard, a bunch of the lights have stopped working. We have the new lights and it is an all day job once I start on it.

Well, I guess I will stop entering data, we hope your day is really good, and please stay safe.

Ole lazy person-me?

Senior person who may go outside in the cold, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: