Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 15, 2023

            It is a cool Sunday morning, how cool is it, no one ask, but I will tell you anyway, it is 47 degrees this morning, and we are predicted to have a high about 70. I do like lukewarm temperatures, but not cool, cold or hot. The cool weather seems to cause this ole body of mine to tighten up, then I put on a jacket or coat and that isn’t comfortable. Lukewarm is best!

            Now I have a photo which was provided to me by my grandson Alex, it is of the partial solar eclipse, and I will post it for your enjoyment.


            He told me he had a dark lens over the camera when he took the photo. The sun kind of looks like a new moon but it is the sun with the moon partially in front of it. Nice job Alex!

            Speaking of the solar eclipse, my favorite wife and I were both outside working from about 10:30 to about 1:30, and we did not see any change in the light from the sun. I went to the shed to get my welders goggles so I could look directly at the eclipse, but they were not there. I even checked in the tool chest in the garage and nope, they were nut there either.

Since I could not look directly at the sun, I took some photos of the Ford’s ole trailer, in hopes that I could see a difference in the amount of light from the eclipse, but to no avail. I will post two of those photos, the first was taken at the very beginning and the second at what should have been the peak of the eclipse, I see no difference in the brightness. Did you notice a difference in what was, and is, on the trailer?


 

            After working in the yard for 3 hours, we received a text stating that they were having a benefit lunch for our neighbor. Now we had heard nothing about this so we tried to find out if it was still going on. It seems as if no one could tell us anything. We definitely would have gone but…

            Since we could not go to the benefit lunch, we cleaned our ole bodies from all the work and went into Waco, where we had a couple sandwiches for lunch.

            After the lite lunch we returned home and we both rested for a while, I took a nap. My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday, it was cool enough that she had a jacket on. Oh, I did get to watch some of the Three Stooges yesterday after sitting outside.

I guess I should stop for now, we hope you are having a good day and please be safe.

Solar eclipse

Senior ole person who has a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: