Translate

Monday, October 23, 2023

October 23, 2023

            Good Monday morning to one and all, that includes you too. I am starting the day with no big plans and my favorite wife will be working all day, again. Yesterday she worked on cleaning the house and getting ready to make the tamales. She did go to the grocery store yesterday, (do they still refer to stores as grocery stores, maybe it is just us ole people who do) to purchase needed supplies for the tamales such as, corn shucks, masa, meat, spices and I don’t know what else she bought. I do know there was meat cooking in the Ford’s ole kitchen all night and she is starting another round again this morning. I think she has decided to build the tamales this week.

            Now did the Don do anything yesterday, yes, he did. He moved the ole van out of the garage, he sat up a couple tables, and he worked for about 5 hours on the angel. Now we all know the Don did take a few breaks during the day. The Don would remove a short piece of the ole rope light from the angel, then place the new rope light in the place of the old. You might think that is odd, but the rope lights do not take one easy path, nope, they cross each other, some go over and some go under, some go side by side for a while.

            If I would have removed one entire rope light and then tried to replace it with a new rope light, I would still be out there working. It took me about one hour for each rope light to remove and replace. First, I cut the old wire ties off, then remove that portion of rope light, replace that portion of rope light, attach the wire ties, tighten the wire ties, cut the ends of the wire ties off, then start on the next section.

            I was using my ole senior hands with two different tools, a plier and wire cutter, to a point that my hand actually cramped up. That is when I took a break.

            When the work was finished and after I had swept up all the ole wire ties that had been cut off, and the ends of the new wire ties that had also been cut off, and the tools and tables put away, I then proceeded to move the large angel to its place by the tree. I was able to get it chained back to the tree and the power connected.

I have two photos, before and after. 

 



            After all the work we both needed a rest, so we proceeded to the swing set by the driveway where we rested. We did have friends to come over and converse with us for a while. That was a nice end to the work filled day.

            I know my present wife has a bunch of work planned for the day, I do need to go to the cleaners and pick up my cleaning, and I guess I will go for a walk with the Tres. We hope you have a good and rest filled day, also try to be safe in all you do.

He’s and angel!

Or did he, the senior ole person just re-light an angel, Don the Ford 

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: