Translate

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

October 10, 2023

            Let me see, I think today is Tuesday and I have a few things to do today. I guess the main thing to do today is to go to the football game. This game is an out-of-town game, so that makes it a little more difficult for ole senior people to attend. The drive is about an hour and the game starts at 5:00pm. Since school is out today, I will need to get Alex to the school between 2:00 and 2:30 so they can get ready to go.

            I am now changing the topic; this morning I did sneak out of the house and went to the Star coffee place for a real cup of coffee. I used the points I had on my card for a free cup of coffee, I now have one point left on the card and no money. Since the schools are out today, there was little traffic this morning. To be honest, this coffee is no better than the homemade coffee, but it lets you get out of the house for a few minutes. Oh, did I also say, I got a breakfast burrito too.

            Topic swap again, I have not yet walked the dog this morning, heck it is still dark outside. I do plan on working on the berry beds a little again today. Yesterday morning I was again removing the dead stickers from the beds. You might think that is easy work, but it isn’t. I find a dead vine and cut it so I can remove it, and that is when the work begins. You think that you should be able to pull the dead vine out but remember, it has stickers, and the vines around it has stickers. These vines are holding on to each other as I pull on them.  I did get a bunch of them out, but there are still more to remove.

            When I water the flower pots today, I will likely water the berry beds. If you water the beds one day and the next day you pull the weeds, the weeds come out easier.

            I did try raking a small area of the front yard for acorns yesterday, and I was not too successful. The tall grass makes it difficult. When I can see the acorns, I can use the pecan roller to pick them up and that works well (Easy Pickens).

            My favorite wife and I did not get to sit outside too long yesterday afternoon as I had the bible study class to go to. Even if we only get to sit out for a short while it is a relaxing time.

            I guess I need to get the Tres in his harness and head out for a walk. Tres just said he hopes you have a good day and please stay safe.

Stickers be mean!

Senior ole person who needs to get started, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: