Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 3, 2023

            I am sitting here at the computer attempting to enter a few words for the blog, as it is too dark for me and the Tres to go for a walk. Yes, we have walked in the dark, but I kind of like to see the things that are around me when walking. I use to do what I called my “meditative walking”, but that was without the dog. In the meditative walk I would focus on something ahead of me and off in the distance, and let my mind go wherever it wanted to go. It was kind of like daydreaming while walking. There were a couple times that I would be meditating, and someone would surprise me with good morning, and I had not seen them before they spoke. The meditative walk can only be done when you are alone.

            How did I get off on that topic, I guess it was cause I did not have anything else to write about. Other than transporting the kids and Dave, I did not do much of anything yesterday. When we have bible study, my favorite wife and I do not sit outside, so I can’t comment on that. I can say the bible study and the fellowship was very good yesterday.

            I did take a photo yesterday and I thought you might enjoy it.


            My first wife suggested that I should put the cat and the dog out front.

            Well, it seems to be getting light outside, so I guess I will stop for now.

            Ok, I am back at the keyboard, and yes, the Tres and I did go for a walk. It was a somewhat interesting walk for a few reasons.

First off, Tres did not stop at three different fire hydrants to smell of them and or relieve himself on them! Now that is something. 

            Second: I was attempting to not look down at the road as I walked, instead I had my head upright, and was looking all around. Even though I have walked this street many times, by not looking down at the street I was seeing things as if they were all kind of new. I was looking at the sky, the trees, the houses, and all the way to the end of the street. I may try to make that a habit.

            Third: as we walked there was an older man who came out to the street close to where we were walking. We greeted each other and he asked if Tres was friendly. I noted, it depends, if a person stands still and does not reach his hand out to Tres, which allows Tres to smell of him then Tres might be friendly. This ole man did not understand what I had said, he bent over toward Tres, and reach his hand out. Tres responded with several barks. We excused ourselves and continued our walk.

            Back home I did water the flowers in pots, and then came back to this ole computer.

            Allow us to swap topics: we have an 8th grade football game this afternoon, it is a home game. We are supposed to purchase tickets online, but I am not going to download the app. They will just need to allow me to pay at the gate.

            Last topic: I have no funding on my Star coffee card, but I do have enough points to get a free cup of coffee. I may save the point for a special occasion.

            That’s it for now, I know you wish this posting could have been longer, but it isn’t! Please stay safe, have a good day, and be kind to someone today.

Look around while walking.

Senior ole person with nothing to do, so maybe a nap is in order, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: