Translate

Monday, October 30, 2023

October 30, 2023

            What did the Don do yesterday, well he went outside and worked his ole body in the cold weather and almost froze. The temp seemed to drop as the day went by. At 3:00 it was 48 degrees. Now the Don did get the flowers in pots that can’t stand the cold weather, into the so-called hot house. He did connect the extension cord from the house to the hot house and he found that one of the heat lamps is broken. I have a photo of some of the potted plants that are now inside the hot house.

            We hope that the winter weather is not as bad this year, as it was last year, we lost several flowers last winter. We are supposed to have our first frost Tuesday or Wednesday. It did rain a little early morning yesterday, but the rain stayed away during the day, even though there was mist quiet often during the day.

            I have a photo that I had taken a couple days ago, and I found it interesting. This photo is of a cloud up in the sky, at least I think it was a cloud. I guess it could have been a spaceship that looked like a cloud, and it also looked like a pyramid.


            Clouds can be interesting to ole people who have nothing else to do.

            It was too cool for the Fords to sit outside yesterday afternoon. My favorite wife did work in the garage for quite a while yesterday getting some items ready for a garage sale. Now I am not a garage sale person, but I will be there as a helper for my favorite wife, and we hope she can raise some money at the sale, I don’t want her to be going out on the cold nights looking for aluminum cans, even though having some extra funding would be nice.

            I have a trash can almost full of acorns, that our neighbor has for the most part donated. I am saying the neighbor and friend has done most of the work picking these acorns up.

            I went outside this morning, (even though it is still raining, and the wind is blowing like crazy, and it blew all night long, the temp is 40 degrees), to check the free rain gage. We have another .5 inch of rain in the gage. According to my math, we have received 6 inches of rain here at the Ford’s homestead over the last few days. Now the drought may not be over, but Lake Waco is 100% full, in fact they said it was 3 foot above normal. Do you think the watering restrictions have now ceased? 

            I do not think I will allow Tres to take me for a walk unless the wind stops, it is cold outside, and the wind doesn’t help. No plans for the day, the grand kids or out of school today so I will not need to get them from school. I see a retired neighbor, via security camera, across the street putting his trash can out, he has his pajamas and house coat on, and he is hustling. I will need to take the garbage can out to the curb sometime this morning, maybe it will stop raining just long enough to get it out to the curb.

            I guess I will stop entering data into the ole computer and say, “stay safe and have a very good day!”

Cold, rain, wind!

Senior ole person who needs to do something, but not outside, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: