Translate

Friday, October 6, 2023

October 6, 2023

            I would like to wish you a nice and warm good morning but… Would you believe, it feels like freezing in Hewitt this morning, it is 66 degrees outside. Would you believe, that when Tres and I walked this morning I had a jacket, sock cap and my earmuffs on? Well, I would not believe it either, just wondered if you would believe it.

            During our walk this morning, it was the first time I have reached for my container of pepper spray for dogs. Yep, there was a big dog loose and he started walking toward us. Now Tres is secured to my belt so if there was a dog fight, I would likely be involved. We continued walking and the dog did come out into the street and the owner started calling him back into the yard.

            At home I did add a little water to some pots, but not all. We have 4 pots that we are reducing the amount of water getting them ready to hibernate.

            I went out to the back 40 yesterday and started the process of removing the parts of the black berry bushes that had berries on them this year. The limbs from the berry bush that produce berries this year, will not produce again the next year. Removing them makes room for the berry pickers to access the berries the next growing season. I worked on the number 2 bed and I filled a trash can with stickers, but I did not get them all. I do not work in a hurry; I will do more today. When the berry stickers are removed from all the beds, then I will attempt to remove the grass and weeds, less injuries to an ole person’s arms.

            Speaking of weeds, I have a photo taken yesterday at the #2 bed of a weed.


            What you might see is a bloom from a weed known to me as a, “Honeysuckle”. Now if you don’t plant these vines then they are weeds. I can remember when I was a little childern my parents had honeysuckles planted near the back door. They do have blooms on them and there are many different kinds. Also, in the photo you see ole dead stuff that I have started to remove. 

            We had a good supper yesterday afternoon at the George restaurant, the food and service were good. When we arrived back home, we did sit outside for a while discussing many things.

            That is it for today’s informative posting, please have a safe day and be nice to old people.

Sticker pruner.

            Senior ole person who could use some rest, Don the Ford   

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: