Translate

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

October 25, 2023

            Another dark but very warm morning here in Hewitt Texas. Yes, we have had some nice rain, and they say there is more coming. Hay, they are predicting possible flooding to the west of us tonight and tomorrow.

            As to yesterday, I did very little other than enjoy the rain. Now my favorite wife worked her butt off all day yesterday. (I am allowed to write butt, aint I?)

So let us compare workloads. I worked about 5 hours re-lighting the angel; I did take a couple breaks in the process. My favorite wife worked about 12 hours, not counting the time it took to purchase the items and to cook the meat. There is mixing the masa which is time consuming in itself, and getting all the items needed like the corn shucks ready.

With all the needed ingredients on the table she began making the tamales one at a time, and this goes on for hours. When the tamales are made, they have to be cooked (steamed) for about 45 minutes. then they have to cool off, and get bagged for the freezer.

Now there is another part to this story, the freezer is full and my hard-working wife plans to attempt to move some of the items around so she can put them in the freezer today, yes, they are in the refrigerator now. Is she done with the tamales? Nope, she will be making more later.

Finally, everything needs to be washed, and the pots, pans, and very heavy mixer needs to be put away. I did help carrying a couple items.

Personally, it would be difficult for me to even consider putting that much effort into any project, unless it could be broken up into 2 hour work periods.

We did get to sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, while some of the tamales were cooking (steaming) and it was raining. The rain seemed to be one of those slow relaxing rains that one can enjoy. No wind, no lightening, just the nice sound of light rain.

I should note, as we sat on the front porch during the rain, I observed a bird fly to the bird house which was about 4 feet above where we were sitting. I guess we did not seem to be aggressive, and he wanted to get in out of the rain. 

I have nothing planned for the day other than the dog walk which was cut short yesterday morning as it started to rain and we quickly returned home. My favorite wife usually goes grocery shopping on Wednesday, I will offer to go along, but I doubt that she will want me there.

I did pick up a few acorns yesterday, and our neighbor has been collecting them from his yard.

That will be all for today, have a good day, stay safe and pray for Israel.

Acorns are not fun!

Senior ole person who don’t work as hard as his favorite wife, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: