Translate

Friday, October 13, 2023

October 13, 2023

            It is Friday 13th, I wonder how my friend, “Dalton”, is doing on this Friday 13th.

            What is the Don planning on doing today? Not much of anything. He has considered mowing the front yard in an effort to shorten the grass by about one inch, which might make it more possible to collect acorns. I have looked that the Oak trees and they still have a lot of acorns on them.

            Did I tell you I have a chigger bite on me? Yes, even though I took a shower after crawling around on the ground the other day, I did get a chigger bite, actually they don’t bite, they embed themselves inside the human body. In the olden days we were told to put fingernail polish on the spot where the chigger was, and that would suffocate the chigger, it would die under your skin and you should stop itching.

            We have not yet gone for our dog walk yet, but yesterday when we walked past a house where there are usually two dogs, one big and one small, we observed the big dog and a bunch of small dogs. When I say small dogs, I am not referring to puppies, but small dogs. There was a lot of barking and Tres got excited. We hope to walk when I finish this posting.

            Now I did go to the hair stylists yesterday to get my hair styled. They have a reduced price for children and senior people, yep, they treat the old people like kids. The price seems rather high to me (as a kid I could get a real hair cut for a dollar) when you consider the amount of time it takes for a haircut. I did not check the time but I believe I was not in the chair for more than 5 minutes. I am not complaining about the haircut, it is what I wanted, just that it seems to cost a lot for the time I was in the chair.

            If memory serves me; I think my favorite wife and I did go out to supper yesterday afternoon. I ordered a brisket sandwich with onion rings. The brisket was good but there was too much bread. I ate about half as a sandwich then I removed the rest of the bread and used a fork. If I have the brisket again, it will not be as a sandwich, yes, the onion rings were good, heck even my present wife enjoyed them.

            Back at home after supper we decided to sit outside for a while. Our first visitor was a young lady (girl) from next door. My favorite wife had a couple items that she gave the little girl which she seemed to like, she said she would give one of them to her little brother.

            Then as we sat there the boy from the other side of the Ford Homestead came running over. He wanted to see Molly the cat. We explained that she was hiding some where in the house, so he began to pet Tres. A little later his mother came over and we sat and talked for a while, learning that she is taking a new job. A little later the boy and his mom headed up the street for a walk. 

            Well, I guess that is all for now, I need to get the Tres out for his walk, and then I need to water the flowers in pots. No, I am not watering them every day since the weather has cooled down. We hope you have a good day, stay safe and as usual be nice to at least one person.

Dog walker Don.

Senior ole person who hopes everyone has a good day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: