Translate

Sunday, October 29, 2023

October 29, 2023

            Let’s see where we are in the rain fall count. The Ford’s ole rain gage had 2.25 inches of rain, when I dumped the water out, starting again with an empty free rain gage. This morning I went out to check the gage and we now have another 3.25 inches of water. If my math is correct, we have received 5.5 inches of rain over the past few days, and there is more coming. Also, they are predicting our first freeze for the year, in a couple days. That means I will need to get some flower pots into the so-called hot house today and or tomorrow. It is 54 degrees outside this morning, ole people (the Don) don’t like to work in the cold rainy weather.

            I did nothing yesterday, well, my favorite wife and I did go out for lunch with Patrick, Karla, David Claire, Gabi and Alex yesterday. The restaurant was completely full, it seemed as if everyone was talking and or shouting. I, being a senior person, could not hear Gabi when she was talking, and she was sitting next to me. This was one time when I wished the other people who were there, would have gotten their phones out and started texting, instead of talking. Everyone in the place was talking, and no one had their phones out!

            I think I might stop complaining about people who set at the table in restaurants and look at their phones, at least they are being quiet!

            We wanted to wash the dog yesterday, but it rained so much there was water standing in the back yard again, so the Tres still stinks. I have checked the back 40 this morning and even after the 5.5 inches of rain, there is no water standing in the back 40. That should tell you how dry the ground has been. Now it is too cool outside to wash the dog and it is not easy when you try to wash him inside the house.

            I just thought, if we are going to have two nights of temps at freezing (32 degrees) that means I will need to activate the furnace. Now the first time the electric furnace is activated it will burn off a bunch of dust and the house will smell like burning dust, but I guess that is better than being cold.

            As cool as it is this morning, I doubt that we will be able to sit outside this afternoon. We did sit outside yesterday afternoon, we were on the front porch due to the rain.

            Well, I guess I will stop adding to my personal log, which any one can read, and maybe get a cup of homemade coffee. We hope you are able to have a warm and dry day, (aka stay inside the house) and stay safe.

Flower pot mover!

Senior ole person who will need a long-sleeved shirt today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: