Translate

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

October 18, 2023

            It is I, the Don here to greet you this morning, “Good morning”.

            Ok, now that we have the greeting over let us see what the Don has on his ole worn out mind. First off, I said it was 38 degrees here yesterday morning, but I had received incorrect information, it was 36 degrees here yesterday morning, it is 52 degrees this morning.

            This morning as usual I hopped out of bed and rushed into the Ford’s ole kitchen where I was able to put together a cup of homemade coffee and an oatmeal raisin cookie. I then sprinted back into the TV room and hopped onto the ole recliner. Properly positioned in the ole recliner I reached for the TV control. TV on, I turned it to the morning commercials, aka so-called-news channel.

Now I usually spend about 30 minutes on the Fords ole recliner with the TV on. I have a tendency to turn the sound off when the commercials are being shown and I have noticed that the commercials take about 20 minutes, and the so-called-news takes about 10 minutes.

Well, evidently my ole computer just upgraded, and I have lost part of what I had written. I guess it wasn’t interesting so I will not attempt to recreate that part of the posting. 

We did go to the 8th grade football game yesterday and they won 13 to 0. It is now light enough to see outside so I could take the Tres for a walk in a little while. Our cat Molly has gone out and came in several times this morning, I guess the 56-degree temp has her unhappy.

I will need to water the potted plants today; they are being watered less now that the heat has gone away. It is supposed to be in the 90s this weekend. I should water the berry beds today also and if my ole body will allow, I might remove the weeds from the #1 and #3 beds today.

I do kind of have plans to do the relighting of the angel that is located in the front yard, the work will be done in the garage, possibly this Saturday. We use rope lights on the angel and more than half of them are out, photo to follow.


 
            This project takes 6 sets of rope lights and close to 300 plastic wire ties to secure the rope lights to the metal frame. I will find a starting place and remove one rope light, replace that rope light then the second and so on. You may think it is easy, but it is not. I was hoping to have Alex to come and help me, but he has a boy scout camp out this weekend. Most of the work can be done alone, some I will need help with, and my favorite wife can help me.

            Well, I need to bundle up and take the Tres for a walk. We hope you have a good day, stay safe and be positive!

Angel at the Fords

Senior ole person who needs to get going, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: