Translate

Thursday, October 26, 2023

October 26, 2023

            Well, its here! We got the rain, and it is still raining. I haven’t gone outside to check the free rain gage yet, you don’t want this sweet ole person to melt in the rain, DO YOU?

            Let’s see what happened yesterday: it was about 3:00pm and the Don was getting ready to head over to the school to get the grandkids when he heard a dog barking. Now this sound of a dog barking came from just outside the ole office door, was it a dog barking, he asked himself, how could I know unless he opened the door. But if I open the door will the dog, who is barking, come after me, the Don asked himself. What should I do, I need to leave but I hear a dog barking just outside my door. The Don slowly opened the door and looked toward the driveway; there it was the neighbor's dog coming at me. What should the Don do, I stood still and said, hello girl, did you get out? Then I saw the neighbor coming up the driveway hoping to catch the little dog. Yes, he was able to subdue the little dog and get her back home.

            Adventure over, what else did the Don do yesterday? Well having no plans to do any work, it came to the Don that he might try to remove a few limbs that hang over the roof of the house. He then went to the shed and procured the tree trimming pole and brought it to the house. The Don then attempted to cut a small limb, but to no avail. When I pulled the rope to cut the limb the spring that was supposed to pull the blade back, would not.

            The Don then decided to see if he could make the spring stronger by reducing the size of the spring. Have you ever tried to make a spring stronger, don’t. Springs are made to keep their form, and if you try to change the size or just bend a part of the spring you will find that it is much more difficult than one might think.

            Now the Don has more ability than many ole people, and he was able to make the spring a little tighter, and it does now open the cutting blade of the limb trimmer. I did cut a few small limbs and I have a photo of a couple. I took the photo to show the number of acorns that are still on my trees.


            With all the rain this morning, I don’t think the Tres will take me for a walk. It is Thursday and we hope to go out for supper this evening, the rain may let up by then.

            That’s it for now, have a wet day, and try to be safe and careful when driving.

Spring changer!

Senior person who might go sit on the porch and watch it rain, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: