Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

October 4, 2023

            How do I start this day off? It is still dark and I have not yet ventured forth with the Tres for our morning walk. We did go to the Football game yesterday afternoon, it was a close game, but we lost, “7 to 6”. If we could have scored the extra point we would have been tied.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside after the game, we were outside until about 7:30, heck there is nothing worth watching on TV anymore.

            Yesterday; I did get the Fords ole Chevy inspected and then I went to the H E B to get the necessary sticker. Now for those of you who do not know what H E B is, it is a very large and popular grocery store. Well, I went to the H E B to purchase my tag for the car and they have about 1/3 of the parking lot closed off. It appears they are replacing some of the drives and parking spaces, some they are giving a new coating of asphalt.

            The parking lot was full of cars and I had to drive around looking for a place to park. Then I had to walk a long way to get to the building. They were working on half of the drive that goes in front of the building, so I had to walk down and around the work area to get back to the entrance.

            Once inside the building I observed that all the check-out stations were full, it seemed as if everyone was trying to get groceries. The line I was in was short and I was only in line for a few minutes. back outside of the building I again had to walk around the work area and down the parking lot looking for my vehicle. Not a fun adventure.

            I do not yet have any big plans for today, but hopefully I will find something to do. I have offered to go to the store with my favorite wife to help out with the parking and carrying, not sure if she wants me along or not.

            Today is a special day, it is, “The day I quit”! Yes, it was 20 years ago when I quit chewing tobacco. It was a big challenge at first having been addicted to nicotine for years. Now, I only think about it when I see someone chewing or dipping. Someone might ask, “How to you remember the exact date you stopped?” That is easy, I wait until Dave and Claire announce their wedding anniversary and I then know that is when I stopped. In truth, I stopped the day after their wedding. 

            Happy 20th anniversary to Dave and Claire.

            Another topic: when the Tres and I started our walk this morning we were joined by a lady who lives down the street. Now this lady and another lady from our block usually walk together for an hour most mornings. This morning one of the ladies had a bible study meeting so the other lady walked with me. Now Tres and I walk about half as long as they usually do, so this lady continued her walk when the Tres and I finished.

            I guess that is it for now, please have a safe day and be nice to everyone!

Chewing tobacco, nope!

Senior ole person who needs some rest, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: