Translate

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

October 17, 2023

            It is me again, so let’s see what me did yesterday. Dave and I went out to breakfast yesterday after his dental visit, we did not tell my favorite wife, so please don’t tell her. They make some very good omelets, did I say they were really big, they were big.

            Back at the homestead I did not do a lot since my belly was full, heck I didn’t even take the Tres for a walk yesterday. If we go for a walk today it will be later in the morning, as it is colder today than it was yesterday morning. Speak of Tres, he stinks and needs a bath, but it is too cold so we will wait until Thursday, it is supposed to be in the 90s again, and a bath will be given.

            My favorite wife did do some replanting of some flowers and I watered them and then put them in the ole hot house. I did take a bag of top soil and spread it in some of the Jasmine beds, hopefully it will act kinda like fertilizer. I also set the sprinklers to a different run time for each of the areas, basically I reduced the amount of time each system will run now that the heat has left the area. If the heat comes back, I will increase the run times again.

            We did not sit outside yesterday afternoon as it was 70 degrees and the wind was blowing. I did go to bible study last night, and as usual it was interesting. Speaking of the bible, my favorite wife and I were at a store in Waco on Saturday afternoon and I noticed they had a bible which said extra-large print. I opened said bible and both my wife and I could read the print without our glasses. The print was big. I would like to have had the bible, but I have been marking things in my present bible and I don’t want to start over.

            A neighbor from down the street brought us a bag of pecans, and yes, they were out of the shells, so all we have to do is put them in a pie, or just eat them. Nice to get some pecans, the squirrels are eating ours before they get ripe. 

            Let’s see today is Tuesday: what would the Don suggest that we consider this morning? Possibly we should consider the word furnace. Now it is my understanding, here in Texas we don’t usually see any real cold temps until around Thanksgiving. So why did the word furnace come to mind today, well it could have been that I was laying in bed and I had the cover up around my neck.

            Now I have always been a hot person, heck even as a teenager many of the girls thought I was hot. My present wife must have thought I was hot, she married me! Anyway, the word furnace came to mind before I got out of bed this morning, I must have not been hot, I even stayed in bed about 30 minutes longer than usual due to the warm comfort of the blanket.

            Now that I am up and dressed, I have a second reason to consider the word furnace, it is 38 degrees here in Hewitt Texas this morning. That is only 6 degrees from a frost. Now it is supposed to be 90 this Friday so I don’t think the winter weather is here yet.

            What will the Don do today, I plan to look for our Midway sweat shirts, as there is a game this afternoon, it is a home game, and we would like to be warm during the game. The rest of the day I will leave open to possibilities, and a walking of the dog in a little while.

            Well, I guess you know that is all for now, be safe, have a good day, and be nice to all of us ole people.

Warm cool cold

Senior ole person who wants a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: