Translate

Sunday, October 1, 2023

October 1, 2023

            We are now into October and I think it supposed to be fall like outside, but is it? It was very hot yesterday, but there was a slight breeze, as my favorite wife and I sat outside with a good friend discussing everything from politics to the bible. This friend actually brought some cheese sticks and peperoni bites to snack on. I did partake in a few as we sat outside, and I saved some for later today.

I have a question, why is October spelled and pronounced that way, it should be, “September, Octember, November, December, not October

            This morning when The Tres and I went out front for his review of the yard, and to relieve himself, we could hear many birds calling out before the sun got up. There were birds making noise from all directions. As I listened, the only other sound I heard was a dog way off in the distance barking.

            I was able to get the back 40 mowed yesterday, but the actions I must take before starting mowing is the part, I do not like about the back 40. I removed the Poopa-Loopa and a few sticks, I roll up the garden hose, I don’t know why I called it a garden hose, we don’t have a garden, I looked for items like Tres’ ball so they are not in the mowers path. Then I checked the air pressure in the tires of the ole riding mower and added air as needed, yes, I checked the oil and added gas before starting the process.

            Now you can see why an ole senior person would be totally worn out before he even got onto the ole riding mower. I was able to get the mowing done, and I have some areas that need to be trimmed with the string trimmer. Heck the ditch behind the back fence needs to be trimmed, more work for and ole senior person.

            I thought I was going to pick Dave and Alex up after the popcorn sales for the scouts but Claire got off work and was able to get them. I was also allowed to take my first wife’s van and get gas in it. It took $50 to fill the gas tank. She is not happy about that because she will need to pick up twice as many aluminum cans, and that means she will get less sleep, as she does most of the aluminum can searches at night.

            We would like to go over to the cracker store for breakfast this morning but after that $50 gas, we may not be able to eat out for a couple weeks. The price of everything is too high, especially for us ole people on a fixed income.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good first day of October, and we hope everyone stays safe.

Ole yard man Don

Senior person who would like to have breakfast out, if we had the funding, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: