Translate

Sunday, October 8, 2023

October 8, 2023

            Are we back to Sunday again, yep, I think we are. So, what plans do the Ford’s have for this Sunday, someone would ask if they were at all interested. You did not ask, and I am not going to tell you anything about our plans. You do not need to know that Alex and Gabi spent the night with us last night, or that I mowed and trimmed the front yard yesterday before they arrived. Since you are not interested in our events at the homestead, I will not explain that Alex, using the string trimmer cut the weeds down in the ditch behind our house, or that he mowed the back 40 using the riding mower.

            I know you are not interested in the fact that my favorite wife made homemade chicken noodle soup for supper last night, and that we all enjoyed it. For the un-interested person, you do not need to know that while Alex was mowing the back 40, he was stirring up dust and pollen, or that I started sneezing like crazy and I had to put a mask on, since we were sitting outside.

            If only you were interested, I would inform you that after the work was done and the riding mower put away, Alex, our favorite grandson, brought his violin outside where we were sitting and he played some songs for us. Wow, we had our own musician as we sit outside!

            I would have told you, if you had been interested, that someone in a dark colored SUV stopped in front of our homestead yesterday after I had mowed the front yard, and took a photo of the house. This vehicle drove on down the street and when it came back up the street, I was out near the street videoing the vehicle, just in case we have some problem with theft or break ins later.

            I am glad I don’t need to inform, “the un-interested” that we plan to go to the Cracker store for breakfast this morning. Yes, it will cost us a pretty penny, but it is worth it.

            Wow, it is nice when you are uninterested in what we do here at the Ford Homestead, I do not need to write a bunch of words that no one reads, it makes my morning nice and restful.

            I am sure you will be interested in this last sentence; we hope you have a good day and be safe even though you are not interested.

Happy ole senior

Senior ole person who needs to get ready for breakfast, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: