Translate

Saturday, October 14, 2023

October 14, 2023

            Good morning or good day to one and all. We are glad to see that you have opened the posting today and hope that you read it, as it may be interesting.

            I am sitting here at the Fords ole desk attempting to enter this data but I am being distracted as I have the TV next to me on. Nope, I do not have the news on, the “Little Rascals” are on, and they keep drawing my attention away from the key board. I do not have any big plans for the day, we may go into Waco for a sandwich for lunch.

            I want to talk about a neighbor lady, but first let’s get some of the other topics out of the way. Alex, who is 13 years old, took a girl to the homecoming football game last night, it was his first date. We did get a photo of them, sorry but I am not posting it. We hope they had a good time and Midway won the game something like 45 to 6.

            Topic swap: I did go to town yesterday and picked up a couple things, returning to the homestead I had a bite to eat and rested for a short time (aka a nap). I then went out to mow the front yard but I had to pick up the debris from the yard. The wind was blowing and little twigs were falling from the oak trees, along with a few acorns. My plan was to lower the mower from 5 inches to 3. Now that means there would be a lot of clippings, so I would need to mow the yard twice.

            The grass was so thick that the first cutting was very difficult. The second cutting went much better but I think I like the grass taller. I might later today see if I can get some of the acorns that are in the shorter grass.

            Topic change: yesterday when the Tres and I were out for our morning walk, a neighbor lady and friend who was on her way to work stopped and said she was having problems with her knee. She noted that it was difficult for her to walk without holding on to something. She noted that another neighbor lady had told her that I had gave her a walking stick, and she wondered if I had any more. She said she was at a point that she did not care if people seen her with a cane.

            I explained that I was not sure what I had, or if I had something that she could use, but when I get back to the house I will go through my sticks and see if there is one that might work for her. Well, I do have walking sticks but they are not canes.

            Later my wife and I were talking when I saw a cane that has been hanging in my office with another cane for several years. This cane was purchased for me several years ago, I use to have a thing for canes, so I picked it up and my wife said, that the lady who needs a cane, her uncle had made this cane. I suggested that we should give it to her, she needs a cane and to have one that was made by her uncle, who has passed, might make it special for her.

            I called this lady at work and asked her to stop at our house on her way home yesterday. We presented her with the cane and she was very happy. The cane was just the right height for her, she offered us money but we did not accept it. Our neighbors are friends and like family, we are lucky to have such good neighbors!

            Well, we hope you have a good day, be nice to someone and stay safe.

friend and neighbor

senior ole person who needs to walk the dog, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: