Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2023

October 21, 2023

            Well, it is Saturday again, wow time passes too fast. Let us see what I did yesterday. I did allow the Tres to take me for a morning walk, that all went well. My favorite wife and I went to the home store to get a Christmas tree. This is an outside tree which will be positioned in the front yard. Arriving back home I placed the tree in the corner of the garage and started my projects.

Now I had planned to strap the limbs down on the trailer, I had planned to check the air pressure in the tires of the trailer, I had planned to pull the trailer from the back 40 to the driveway, and then check the taillights on the trailer. 

            I did all that, and I was unable to fix the taillights on the trailer, so when I take the limbs to the dump today, I will not have trailer lights working. I usually try to be one of the first people there and then wait in line a while, this morning I plan to wait at home and go later hoping there will be no line. After removing the trailer from the back 40 I went to the so-called hot house to remove three 40-pound bags of so-called topsoil, which I dumped in the location where the trailer sits, this soil is not a very good dirt and it for sure isn’t topsoil. As I was in the hot house, I noticed the thermometer was broken, it seems as if it got too hot during the heat waves we had, and it broke, I guess the hot house gets hot, photo to follow.


            I had also planned to get the string trimmer and trim the areas in the back 40 yesterday, which I did. I had not planned on mowing the back 40 as a lot of it did not need to be mowed, but I did get the ole riding mower out and mowed the back 40. Allow me to point out that I was doing all this work in the afternoon, and I did need to go get the grandkids from school. Well, I started the mowing process then I remembered that I had not picked up the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40, so I stopped the mower and picked it up. As I was completing that task, I noticed that I had not rolled the hose up from the back 40, so I did that and then I could start the mowing.

            Mowing complete I needed a bath but there was no time, so I brushed off the grass clipping from my legs and feet washed my hands and face and got ready to go to school and pick up the grand kids.

            Returning from dropping the kids off, we should have washed the dog, but my wife was working on a project in the house, so I went outside and started my happy hour, alone. It took a while for my wife to come outside, and a friend came over and sat with us. Our conversations went from olden days, to politics, and as usual the bible and our thoughts about the bible.

            Towards the end of the outside happy time, it seems as if the mosquitoes were trying to have their happy time with us. I excused myself and went into the house, my first wife came in a few minutes later. We were both able to find some leftovers for our supper.

            Finally, I was able to drag my ole worn out body into the shower where I revitalized myself. If you don’t know the meaning of the word revitalized, look it up.

            My plan for today, after the Tres and I walk, after I take the limbs to the dump site, after I put the trailer back into the back 40, I plan to bring the angel in from the front yard and start replacing the rope lights. That will be a time-consuming task. 

            Well, I guess that will be it for now, we hope you have a nice day, and that your projects, if you have any, are all easy, and we want you to be safe.

House of heat!

Senior ole person who needs to get going it is almost sun rise, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: