Translate

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 7, 2022

            I would like to say hello to you, on this fine Wednesday morning. There are 18 days till that day is here, have you got my present yet? In truth I have told my wife and others that I don’t need or want anything for that day, except I did say to my spouse of more than half a century, I could use a pair of shoes. I have three pair of these ole walking shoes, [I don’t know what real people call them so I call them walking shoes], and they are all falling apart, but that is all I need or want.

            Swapping the topic: I sat outside yesterday afternoon when I heard the fire trucks sirens sounding very close to the Homestead. As I listened, I noticed that there were several dogs barking and or howling due to the sound of the sirens. These dogs all sounded like small dogs’ voices, none of them sounded like large dogs.

            It actually happened twice, as the fire trucks stopped sounding their sirens, then I, along with the little dogs, could hear the ambulance on its way to the scene. Yep, the little dogs began singing a second time. 

            That is not all I observed yesterday afternoon, as I sat there in the Ford’s ole rocker considering the world's problems, I noticed that our neighbor has a broken tree limb that is still hanging in the tree. I will let him know asap, and I have a photo for you.


 
           That tree has had other broken limbs recently, maybe the tree needs to be removed.

            Let’s talk about cats: Yesterday, as I sat here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, pounding the keys to a point of exhaustion, this ole senior person happened to look at one of the security cameras monitor, where I observed an orange-colored cat crossing our driveway in the direction of our front porch. I immediately alerted my present spouse and we both went to the front door in an effort to see the cat. 

            We observed the cat heading for the street, then he / she crossed the street and went straight to a neighbor’s tree, and without any delay he /she climbed the tree. This tree still has leaves, it grows mostly up, it doesn’t branch out much, and we could not see the cat.

What we did see was birds flying in and out of the tree, we assume getting away from, and then attacking this cat. Later the cat came back to our yard, crossed the front porch and headed toward the new neighbors back yard.

In the afternoon, let’s say about 2:00pm, as I was watering the #2 berry bed, this same cat ran past me, jumped over the fence and up a tree in the ditch behind our homestead.

Oh, did I say that our pot hound Tres was right behind the cat until he jumped the fence?

New neighbor: we have spoken with the new neighbor lady, and I did help them move a very heavy carton from the front porch to the garage a couple days ago. Well, the new neighbor lady came to our front door about 7:00pm yesterday evening. My first wife and I went to the door and the new neighbor had two gifts, one for me and my favorite wife, and one for Tres.

Yep, she had cookies for the humans and dog treats for Tres. She had seen Tres in the back yard earlier and he reminded her of the Shepard she use to have, so she wanted to give him some treats. We asked her to come in, but she declined saying her twin sister and mother were at her house helping her unpack.

And that is about all that happened at the Fords Homestead yesterday. We hope you have a good and safe day.

Treats and cookies!

This ole senior couple have nice neighbors, even the new ones, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: