Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

December 6, 2022

            I am sitting here trying to think of what I did yesterday, or, if I did anything. I did activate the lawn sprinkler system, it watered everything this morning starting about 3:45am. I now think I should deactivate the system and use the hose to water certain areas of the lawn, and not water everything.

            I did get Dave from work and the kids from school yesterday, I was able to get them home safely.

            The wind blew a lot yesterday, and the yard that I removed the leaves from, is now almost covered again. There is no rest for ole retired people. The sprinkler system made every thing wet, so I will not be removing wet leaves today. 

            I did go to bible study last night and I enjoyed our group discussion.

            Some of the stories in the bible are very interesting, and even though they describe what took place, I often wonder if there were other details. Last week study was, about a fellow who was a prophet, who was told to go to a big city that was evil, and tell them that in 40 days their city would be overthrown. Now this fellow did not like the city, or the people who lived there, and in his mind if he went there and made the announcement, the people of the city would change their ways, and they would not be destroyed, so this fellow, let’s call him Jonah, decided to not listen to God.

            Jonah, got on a ship and headed the other way, ignoring Gods instructions. It wasn’t long until a storm came up and the sailors were afraid. The ship rocked back and forth, and they started tossing the freight [heavy items] overboard in an effort to lighten the ship. They were all praying to their gods asking for help, and while this was going on the captain found Jonah asleep in the bottom of the ship.

            To make this story a little shorter, Jonah told them if they would toss him over board the sea would become quiet. They did toss him over board, and the see became quiet, while Jonah went under water. The story indicated that the weeds wrapped around his head and he went deep in the water.  

            Now the story gets interesting, a large fish swallowed Jonah, it must have been a big fish and Jonah was in the belly of the fish for 3 days and nights. At some point he prayed to God and said he would do what he was instructed to do. Then the fish spit him out on the beach.

            Now this story goes on for a while, and if you want to know how it ends you can read the book of Jonah, it is only 4 short chapters. I did not use the terms that were used in the bible but I hope you understood what I was saying.

            My point is, there are some very interesting stories in the bible. Some of these stories could be as interesting to young people as their video games, and when one reads them, it may cause one to wonder and to believe.  

Read the bible!

Senior ole retired person who enjoys reading the bible, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: