Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15, 2022

            So, has anyone noticed that we keep getting closer to that day, if we only knew what presents you have bought. Wait a minute, have you bought anything yet? What? You haven’t bought me I mean; you haven’t bought anyone a present yet?  You are the real Scrooge!

            We now have 10 days for you to get ready. I said, “Get ready”!

            Let’s see if the Don did anything yesterday. I went outside and swept the leaves off the side walk and porch and it looked nice for almost 28 seconds, but the wind was blowing and the leaves were moving around.

            At 12:00 noon I was in line to get the Gabi from school at 12:40 Gabi, her boyfriend and I were leaving the school, yep, we take her boy friend home first then we returned to the Ford homestead.

            At about 2:40pm we received a call that Dave was off work so Gabi and I went to pick him up and deliver Dave and Gabi to their home.

            It was 3:00pm when I dropped Dave and Gabi off so I then headed to Alex’s school to get in line and wait for him to get out at 4:00pm. I do take a couple snacks and a soda to make the wait less stressful. I also take my old, and I do mean old, tablet with me so I can play solitaire during the wait.

            I dropped the Alex off at home about 4:15pm and I headed for home.

            It was kind of cool yesterday afternoon so I put on a jacket, made a drink, and headed outside to the ole rocker. My favorite wife joined me. If anyone wonders why we sit outside, it is time together without the TV, radio or computer. We can talk about things and actually focus on what is being said. We do take the phones just in case we get a call.  

            Todays possibilities: I will get the grand kids from school same schedule as yesterday, and I will get the Dave from work. I kind of want to start vacuuming some of the leaves out of the flower beds today, I don’t need to get them all, but I would like to get started.

            Well as you can see, I do have some things to keep me occupied. We hope you have a safe and productive day at what ever you are doing, be nice to someone today!

Are you sure?

Senior tired person who is retired, (consider those words) Don the Ford

            He was tired, now he is re-tired, what? Isn’t retired just tired again?

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: