Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2022

December 1, 2022

            Ok, for that one person, and we know who you are, the month has now changed from November to December, and counting today there is 24 days until Christmas.

            This morning, I will be taking the grandkids to school as their mother needs to be at work early as it is “the end of the month”, and all the records must be updated.

            Let’s talk about me for a while, what was the Don doing on his knees in the front yard yesterday? I am sure he was praying, while he was installing the lights around the flower beds. Was it cold and was the wind blowing? Yes! Did the Don bundle up? Yes! Did he eventually get all the lights installed? Yes!  Is there a photo? Yes!


            Well, the question now would be, are all the outside decorations now installed? No! If all goes well, I will be working on a couple more outside decorations today.

            While I was on my knees observing the neighborhood, I noticed a pickup truck with a female subject sitting in it. This truck sat in front of the rental house next door, for almost 3 hours, and at one point I walked over to the truck and asked if she was ok. She noted that she was a cleaning lady, and she was waiting for someone to come with the keys so she could get in and clean. No one came, I observed her leaving about 30 minutes after I spoke with her. 

            Later I observed an older male subject pull into the driveway at the rental house, so not being inquisitive, I went over to talk with him. What did I learn?

            His first name is Dennis, he is from Indiana, his daughter will be moving into the rental house on Thursday (that it today), she is 40 years old, she has two children, and they will be attending the local schools, the items in boxes on the front porch, (that have been there for about a week), are furniture that she had sent to the house. There was no mention of a husband.

            It is odd how much you can learn from a short conversation when you seem to be friendly, not nosy!

            I thought I had lost my ole money clip, which I have had for probably 25 years or more. It is from HWI, aka Hardware Wholesalers Inc. I thought I had lost it, but this morning after basically giving up on finding said clip, I reached in the pockets of a coat which I thought I had not worn, and there it was, photo to follow.


 
            It is ole and not worth anything, but I like it and don’t want to lose it. I guess it is a reminder of the olden days!

            Well, there are things I need to do now, as I understand it there are a couple items, aka Christmas decorations that I can work on in an attempt to repair, and then install in the front, I still need to put straw in and around the manger, and there are two sets of colored lights that are normally put on bushes at either end of the house. We are getting closer to finishing.

            Odd note: there is a small Christmas tree and a wreath on the front porch which are connected to the same outlet, controlled by the same timer. My present wife has explained that last night when the outside lights were automatically turned off, that the little Christmas tree stayed on. Now I told her that cannot be, unless the Christmas tree has a battery backup, which she indicated that it did not. Then I said, “we may have a ghost!”

            Well, I guess that is it for now, hope your ghosts are all happy, and we hope you stay safe and are friendly.

Decorations, yay?

Senior information gathering person in the neighborhood, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: