Translate

Friday, December 16, 2022

December 16, 2022

            Happy cold morning! It seems like winter is here, and it is supposed to get colder, as we get closer to that big day, which is now 9 days away. You don’t have much time to get that present, for you know who!

            Let us consider yesterday. I did get the grandkids and Dave from school and work, to their home safely.

The battery in my first wife’s van was dead yesterday morning. I charged the battery and then drove the van to get it checked out, and I was told it is ok. We don’t know what happened, we will see if it starts today.

 My favorite wife had lunch with some of her friends yesterday, I could not go as I was collecting a granddaughter from school. As I understand it, they had a good time.

I am hoping to get out in the freezing cold weather today with the mower, and vacuum some of the leaves from the yard. I will attempt to get the leaves from the street also, and I might get started on the flower beds. I am not sure I will have the time to do it all, as I get both of the grandees from school around noon today, and I have no idea what time Dave will get off work.

We plan on celebrating Christmas a little early tomorrow, as Patrick and Karla will be here, as they will be out of town on Christmas day. We plan to go out to lunch tomorrow to celebrate.

We will have a somewhat normal Christmas with Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex, on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Presents, if there are any, are opened on Christmas eve here at the Ford’s Homestead, and Christmas day is mostly for food and conversations! We usually have a few friends drop in on Christmas afternoon.

I have a photo of the Ford’s Christmas tree, this tree is based on the TV shows, Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. Yep, you have to look close to see all the ornaments.

 


            Yes, it is located on my ole desk, so don’t look at all the stuff laying around.

Well, I need to get something to eat for breakfast, so I will say C U Later, and hope you have a nice safe day.

Lump of coal?

Senior ole person who knows what coal looks like, do you? Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: